Sunday 22 September 2013

Quick post

 Quick Post

These past couple months have been busy  preparing for school !! Yes school for everyone... including me!!! I never thought it possible for me to be attending college courses at my age, but after a difficult year and lack of 'skill set' to find work - interesting work- in something I love to do, I had to really contemplate my next move.... After much discussion with my husband , we decided I need to follow something that feeds into my creativity...'cause that's the way God made me :)   I love my quilting and sewing but realize that I will not find steady work within that area at the moment. I had always wanted to get my floral certificate so I pursued that avenue...I signed up at Mohawk college for the Floral Design Certificate courses. I had an amazing first class and this was my first attempt at a Complementary Symmetry arrangement!



There are 9 other students in the class that are such great fun ! We all enjoyed the first day ! I have alot of homework to do preparing a portfolio for last class, cost sheets, and assignments. Looking forward to learning a ton with the amazing teacher we have! Vesna has owned her own floral shop for over 17 yrs. and is still busy arranging ! I will keep you posted on my progress!


I have been busy this summer creating fabric floral brooches and pins, and creating masses of flowers for a bridal bouquet!- no not mine- LOL !!! I am hoping as I learn how to put arrangements together that I will learn ways to improve on creating more anatomically correct flowers and assembling them into bouquets properly. I get nuts about the little things....
I need to take pics to upload to show you before I bring them to a local gift shop to sell.
I am really intrigued by creating fabric floral pieces and am hoping to get enough funds to purchase wool to make 3D wet wool flowers....they are soooo incredibly beautiful  ! I will share some websites on this later.....

I must run...we are off to the fair !

No comments:

Post a Comment